CopyFile src;des

This topic is 3752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to copy to cloud.. a FMP12   I am using DROPBOX as a example, installing DropBox, It creates a simple folder off my Windows USER .. so there where I am copying to

I understand, then a remote user can grab this file...  is much simpler than..

I first created email, to slow,

then a FTP option, works pretty nice but I needed to ZIP it too... 

Then my late bright idea, next wondering about the free 2 GB dropBox option

..has plenty of space for my file.. and could I purchase more... and I do not have to ZIP

But I always seem to have to manipulate code..  lack understanding the fine deals, getting it to work...

Mostly due to my lack of proper training, experience certain things and its my diligence that gets me done

Upload 3 files    1 more code snippet         2 CopyFiIe images  for  Src ;  Des

I am having difficult copying to my Destination using this CopyFile( src ;dsc)

My images  attach code..    I tested ok my source okay 

Failing my destination error code

Maybe I am confused about forward slashes Filemaker use  ie  Get(documentPath)

List All Files In Directory ( des )        test okay showing a dummy file in folder

I notice difference...  wondering if my problem using slashes

returning back slashes  and I can manual copy with back slashes,

But manual coping with forward slashes my copy fails?     which is the Filemaker default

Then I thought.. I use the Filemaker  substitute ( field  ; "/"  ; "" )   command  get a error can not terminate with a Backslash?

Maybe I just to find some rules.. once and for all..

I hardly copy files around.. but familiar with DOS more

Sorry if this is too long...

post-85391-0-11357700-1391406440_thumb.j

post-85391-0-40951100-1391406447_thumb.j

post-85391-0-78446500-1391406455_thumb.j

Hi Rod,

I don't know how you have designed the custom function for copy files as there is no any native function in Filemaker to handle the copy file directly.

FYI to handling through filemaker you need to use the forward slash (/) instead of backward slash () everywhere. Secondly the issue to accessing file is due to missing of file name. And 3rd you are using space (DASH " ") in your directory which create problem during file handling operation like COPY/REPLACE etc. So you can check by remove the space (DASH)  [e.g. use 'Kissta_Ver90FM12' in stead of '_Kissta_Ver90 FM12']. Please go through the following:

$DestinationFilePath = file:/C:/Users/Rod/Dropbox/KisStar_2_2_2014_6_45_14_PM.fmp12

$SourceFilePath = file:/C:/MY_APPS/MASTAR/Kissta_Ver90FM12/KisstarBackup/KisStar_2_2_2014_6_45_14_PM.fmp12

*Once you succeed with the above file path value try to test with the special directory name that used by you (e.g._Kissta_Ver90 FM12).

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Manjit

Thank you.. sir for answering.    finally someone answered, wonder, hoping i wqs clear enough,

that 360 support, thinking manages this forum... just seems, for me, watching this forum.. its 360 questions lingering around vs// actual FM questions move through promptly..  Sorry for.. my observation :)

I did not notice the space in my folder.. now to catch it.. using these copy command, surely missed that over the years :)

I tested $copied var ok using 360 command     FileExist ?  the file... I am trying to copy to a DropBox folder

In my code..   I have another var, creating $copiedA       to test for error of 360 Scriptmaster ,, is how or the command to copy... knowing Filemaker does not... 360's is a function...    FileCopy( srec: des  )

the 1st parameter, src.. is $copied     does have the filename    a date_coded_fmp12 file

the 2nd parameter,  des    is a field     and includes too, a filename, see image is the exact code

Again, thank you and welcome here

Rod

Attach image is my working code 360 SM FileCopy command

Thanks.. working now
               The space fixed org path

I WAS missing the filename designation afterall

All my slashes are forward/    now I know better for Filemaker

Rod

post-85391-0-82695400-1391841154_thumb.j

This topic is 3752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.