is anyone actually using FMStudio Pro? with FMS 12 and DWCC

This topic is 3168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have had nothing but trouble with buggy behavior.  I am using DW CC, FMStudio Pro.  My server is hosted with pointinspace.  My webserver is godaddy.

I can intermittently connect (which tells me I have settings right).  However, sometimes connection is incredibly slow/and hangs.  I have been able to see all my layouts and scripts only a couple of times.  When I went to create a form, I could not pull up database info.

After 2 days of struggling with it, I am ready to give up. 

I have been waiting 2 days to be allowed access to fmwebschool forums.  I asked a question with a support ticket and no response.  I am not having much confidence with FMStudio going forward...

Is there another service that is available?  or I could try? 

The forum should be open access - I never had to be approved to join...

That aside - as far as I can tell, FMStudio is a moribund product. I would be happy to be corrected by one of their developers on this but...

There is no similar tool that I am aware of. With the advent of Web Direct in 13, there is even less need for such a tool.

Your options are probably:

1. Learn to code PHP with the FM API and/or FX.php

2. Hire someone else to do this well

3. Looks at FileMaker 13 and what it can do.

Sorry I can't be more positive - I've been on the FMWebSchool forum for nearly 8 years, and it's pretty dead these days

thanks webko.  thats what I was afraid of.

Their forum is open for reading.  but I wanted to post  (read participate, lol).  its been 3 days and no response.  Sure sign of a dead product and/or support.

So, looking to switch to FM13 then.  I am really excited about webdirect.  but have other questions.  I guess this might be for another forum post, but might as well get it on paper while its in my head:

webdirect:  do you think it is feasible to use this for an online shopping cart?  I have a small optometry practice, we're not talking Amazon here.

hosting companies recommendations:  I currently use pointinspace, but I see worldcloud and datatrium have interesting FM13 hosting plans.  specifically when it comes to webdirect concurrent users.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This topic is 3168 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.