Getting Skipped Records Due to Errors

Bigun

This topic is 3748 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two databases.  One is production database that has live data in it (we'll call it Database A), and another database that is a test database that I'm developing new features on (we'll call it Database B ).

I take a daily backup of Database A, and attempt to import the records (Using the File -> Import Records function in FileMaker Pro Advanced) from a table into Database B.  Database A, in just one table, has 37,357 records, after import is finished, FileMaker says 59 records were skipped due to errors.  No other details we're given.  Not sure what is causing the errors with those 59 records, is there a way to get more detail?  Or even an interactive way to import the data when errors are occuring?

Hi Bigun,

Are you importing by matching on your primary key?  If so, look at is your primary key in your table.  Is it set to 'unique' and 'always'?  Records will fail to import if that ID already exists.  If not that then check your other fields for validations which might be failing.  

As for an interactive way to import the data when errors are occurring ... create a script and add script step of Set Error Capture [ On ] immediately before the import step.  This will ignore any errors and you will need to trap what to do yourself. :-)

• Like 1

This topic is 3748 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.