Percent of group total (how to?)

ken_s2007

This topic is 3748 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Main fields in the body part of the layout:

Item

Quantity

Value

Total

ItemType

--

A layout using List View.

There is a  sub-summary part, when sorted by ItemType. In that part, a summary field TotalValue (total of Value), and a PercentageOfTotalByType calculation field ( Value / TotalItemsByTypeSummary ) are placed. Both these fields provide correct results. (I also have a trailing grand summary that works to display the total value of all found records.)

I'm looking for a way to place a field in the body part (or else where?) that returns the percentage of each item's Total for its grouping, i.e., something like the PERCENTAGE_OF_GROUP_TOTAL field imagined here:

--

Item: whizbajang  Quantity: 3 Value: $5.00  Total: $15  ItemType: A  PERCENTAGE_OF_GROUP_TOTAL: 52%

Item: hurlywinger  Quantity: 2 Value: $8.00  Total: $16  ItemType: A  PERCENTAGE_OF_GROUP_TOTAL: 48%

ItemType: A TotalValue $31  PercentageOfTotalValueByType: 76%

--

Item: formingerer  Quantity: 1 Value: $6.00  Total: $6  ItemType: B  PERCENTAGE_OF_GROUP_TOTAL: 60%

Item: huntzmarer  Quantity: 2 Value: $2.00  Total: $4  ItemType: B  PERCENTAGE_OF_GROUP_TOTAL:  40%

ItemType: B TotalValue $10  PercentageOfTotalValueByType: 24%

----

TotalValue: $41

Thank you.

Yes it is.  It solved something for me just today.

Every time I sign on here, I find an answer.  I find answers without even knowing I had questions.

Go figure.

I plan to spend most of my time here.  I was over on Cafe' but their website is not very friendly.  And TechInfo is a bit too nose-upish for me.  This is mama bear ... just right.  And Comment is the bomb.

This topic is 3748 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.