Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using a portal to filter another portal.

etsmarines

This topic is 3727 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In my database I have three tables.

Service

Server

Software

(Among many others)

The same software ID can appear on many different servers.

Many different servers can appear on many different services.

I want to do the following.

When I select a service I can populate a join table through a portal, the different servers that support that service.

Ex. I could choose the service call center on my Life Cycle Management main page. Then in a portal through a drop down list i can select the servers that are part of that service. I want to then under software inventory to start to show the software on the servers that i have selected for that service.

Thanks for your help guys!!

Database attached.

I want another table to start populating the software that makes up that service based on the Servers I have selected and added to the join the join table through the portal.

LCM STRATEGY 11FEB2014.fmp12.zip

By Jimminy, that's a complicated relationship graph.  Its a little hard to follow given all the kurfluffle.   :)

Conceptually, I'm not sure what you're aiming for.   Are you wanting to show all of the software on a server, or all of the software assigned to a user, or the software assigned to a user on a particular machine?  When a client is assigned a server, does the client automatically have access to all of the software on that machine, or to a certain subset of the software, or to external networked software?   

As an aside, why is the Product a global field on the LCM Strategy layout? It sits on the Product table, so I'd think this would be different on each record.   Currently there's no ID or name to distinguish one record from another that I can see. 

This topic is 3727 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.