How Can I Calculate Windows Screen DPI Setting?

This topic is 2880 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Get(screenwidth) and Get(contentwidth) are related to the size of the displayed window.  I want to measure DPI (96 or 120) of the window, which is not directly related to filemaker zoom (75%, 100%).  I want a script to detect 96 DPI to set zoom to 100% and 120 DPI to set zoom to 75%.

I don’t see why you would need to know this, since the screen view is controlled by the user, wouldn’t it be up to them to zoom in or out, change the dpi in their monitor settings, etc.?

Lee

PS

Perhaps if you explained why you need this information, maybe we can come up with some additional ideas

Edited by Lee Smith
PS

The point you are missing is that Filemaker zoom controls the zoom level (75% or 100%) of a defined window size (1366 x 768 px) and DPI controls the magnification (96DPI-100% or 120DPI-75%) within a defined window size (1366 x 768 px).

To accomplish my end, I have had to create four global text fields (HOST_Normal, CLIENT_Normal, HOST_120DPI and CLIENT_120DPI).  I can then set my Windows XP Filemaker HOST Monitor to "96DPI" and 1280 x 768 px.  I can then set my Filemaker Windows 8.1 Filemaker CLIENT Notebook to "120DPI" and 1366 x 768 px.  Now when various layouts are selected, a "Reset Screen" script determines the correct Filemaker zoom setting based on the global text fields outlined above and maintains a predetermined window width and height.  This works very well, but I would rather simplify the "Reset Screen" script by being able to use a Get ( ScreenDPI ) = "96" and Get ( ScreenDPI ) = "120" element if possible.

See the attachment if you want to review the "Reset Screen" script content.

Reset Screen.pdf

• 2 years later...

This topic is 2880 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.