Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS 13 Scripts Keep Running and don't Finish

This topic is 3597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

After installing FMS 13  Windows 7 Professional 64 

Odbc SQL Client 11

Im having some problems with schedule scripts that used to run before  on FMS 12 very well

Its not every time but some times the scripts start and in the admin Console we can see the status  -> running and they don't finish and

after 1 hour i have to restart FMS 13.

Some times it works well four 3 our 4 hours then they start hanging again.

And as I said before they work perfect in FMS12

Any Help please.

I can't help you but wanted to let you know we've also had this same problem several times and are looking for a resolution.

Our server scheduled script has been setup to abort after 5 mins. So after 5 mins, it gets Status "Time limit exceeded" but the "Server 13.01" client remains and we can't disconnect it. At the same time, the elapsed time per call goes up to 5 million which freezes FileMaker for all clients. The only way out is to kick out all users and reboot the server itself. It happens randomly as well. This script also ran fine in FMS12 and we've tried everything to trap the problem.

Do you have the time limit set on your script to stop it? Do you see any performance issues when the script is runninghung?

Good Luck!

Hi JKrier Hi Wim

Server Intel ® Core TM i7 CPU

2.67 GHZ   2.67 Ghz

Ram: 6GB

64 Bits

Windows 7 Professinal Service Pack 1

64 Bits

Dedicated:

Filemaker Server 13

12 Web User

3 FileMaker Pro User

1 Filemaker Pro Advanced

I Have a time limit and it reaches the time,

The only error report is that it reached the time limit and thats it

And at the admin console you only see status Running after 1 hour they all the scripts are running and none finish.

And what is really interesting is that none off these 15 script had problems before FMS12 

The only time i manage to make them work for 3 ou 4 hours is when I don't have more then 2 scripts  fire at the same Hour.

P.s The only thing that i found is that the scripts that hang are the ones that have ODBC connections !!!!

But still no Luck

Hi Wim and JKrier

Problem Solved its Because of the SQL Server Native Client Driver 11

I Have an SQL Server 2012  and I did Upgrade the Client Driver to Version 11 (2011.110.2100.60)

Filemaker says in the technical Sheet that in SQL 2012 with SQL Server Native Client Driver 11 ready

But I Found out that this was the problem because i Installed the old driver 10.0 (2009.100.1600.01) back again.

And all scheduled scripts are running Normaly !!!

Thanks again

• 3 months later...

I'm going to revive this topic as I'm now having a similar issue with a client machine.  Server side scripts that used to run fine on FMS11 (we skipped 12) are now occasionally failing to properly terminate on server.  The script itself is done, I check the records and they have all been properly updated as required, but the script client stays running at 100% CPU on server which eventually fires off a warning.  

The only solution we have is to terminate the script after a period of minutes but this is far from ideal.  The script while still connected as server client, has no stats so it's not really doing anything, it's just not closing itself when its done. However this leaves CPU at 100% which locks up all other users.  If I manually disconnect the server client it goes back to normal.

None of the scripts or databases use ODBC/SQL at all , it's all native FM.

I have wondered if the shutdown scripts attached to the files are preventing the server from closing, but I've never seen this as an issue before and the fact it works sometimes but not others seems weird.

Specs:

Virtualised environment

4gb Ram

FMS 13.0v2

Intel Xeon CPU-E7 2850 @ 2ghz

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit

Has anyone come across this before? Any ideas?  This is happening on 2 different virtual machines (both with same specs).  Any suggestions of things to try?

No errors in the FMS event log (scripting errors or other)

Make sure that any and all opening and closing scripts are shortcutted on server, just to make sure these are not an issue.

Other than that: build in some internal logging in the script so that you can verify where they are in the process and at what times.  That should help drill down to where the issue is.

• 3 weeks later...

Just me 2 cents on this but I had the very same problem. Fms12 was fine moved to fms13 and scripts would hang and kill the whole fms engine. I run a batch of scripts in multiple files every 3 minutes and they would run fine for hours or days and then Randomly lock up and kill the fms server. My solution was to deploy a vm client on the server with another fms instance using my developer server license and then Hosted a single fmp12 file that then ran the ots in the main files hosted on the host machine. I run a single ots every 3 minutes on the vm server file that opens all the files on the main host and run the real ots script in each of the main files sequentially. Been running for 2 months without a problem now.

This topic is 3597 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.