Entire Excel Spreadsheet on Layout

This topic is 8214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I’ve inserted an Excel spreadsheet and linked it, onto a four-page layout and only two pages can be seen of the spreadsheet.

I’ve also tried a container field to put it into and the view is the same, two pages.

Question is - how can I make the whole Excel spreadsheet visible on my layout?

I have configured the Layout in various ways and inserted the spreadsheet in various ways also:

Blank Layout, in Layout Mode, Insert – Object, Create From File – Browse (find the file) – Link – OK. Tried, Graphic Format – Enlarge also Reduce or Enlarge plus grabbing the handles and pulling it larger (only makes the spreadsheet appear larger).

Blank Layout, in Layout view, Copy Spreadsheet and paste.

Tried having no Print Area on spreadsheet, tried resetting Print Area on spreadsheet.

Layout with a Container Field, in Layout Mode, Insert – Object, Create From File – Browse (find the file) – Link – OK. Tried, Graphic Format – Enlarge also Reduce or Enlarge plus grabbing the handles and pulling it larger (only makes the spreadsheet appear larger).

Layout with a Container Field, in Layout Mode, Copy Spreadsheet and paste.

Layout with a Container Field, in Browse Mode, Copy Spreadsheet and paste.

Layout with a Container Field, in Browse Mode, Insert – Object, Create From File – Browse (find the file) – Link – OK.

Layout with a Global/Container Field, in Layout Mode, Insert – Object, Create From File – Browse (find the file) – Link – OK. Tried, Graphic Format – Enlarge also Reduce or Enlarge plus grabbing the handles and pulling it larger (only makes the spreadsheet appear larger).

Layout with a Global/Container Field, in Layout Mode, Copy Spreadsheet and paste.

Layout with a Global/Container Field, in Browse Mode, Copy Spreadsheet and paste.

Layout with a Global/Container Field, in Browse Mode, Insert – Object, Create From File – Browse (find the file) – Link – OK.

I believe this about all I’ve done… Am I missing something?

crazy.gif" border="0

[ November 19, 2001: Message edited by: DocDeb ]

I guess if I knew what I was doing and had created the data base in the first place, perhaps I wouldn't ask these silly questions. I think I have done pretty well for not knowing anything. (all trial and error and the help of others knowledge)

So...how should I be doing this? frown.gif" border="0

[ November 20, 2001: Message edited by: DocDeb ]

One nifty idea is to open the Excel spreadsheet within FMP.

Assuming your spreadsheet is set up with titles in the top row, it's a simple operation (it's pretty simple even if the spreadsheet isn't set up that way). Then you'll have a FileMaker document containing all your spreadsheet info. You'll see it in table view at first, but you can manipulate the layout.

This topic is 8214 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.