Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Browser Not Supported Error

This topic is 3621 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All, i've been working on a few systems for my company - a couple of which I have decided to deploy using FM WebDirect.

On certain machines I have no trouble at all (either using Firefox or IE 10), yet on another machine with the same browser version I get the dreaded 'Browser Not Supported' message, although it clearly states in the Tech Specs that this version IS supported.

I was wondering if it may be a Java issue, so I upgraded Java 7 on one of the affect machines, and it made no difference.

Most machines here are controlled via Group Policy, so the software is updated everyday (if updates are available etc). I tried doing a manual Windows Update search, and there were no available updates, so I know the machine is current.

I really don't know where to go from here, as there seems to be no rhyme or reason why one machine with IE 10.0.9200.xxxxx works fine, yet another one doesn't. ESPECIALLY when FileMaker themselves say that these are supported browsers.

It's really not helping me instill faith in the FileMaker platform within my company... Please help!

Most machines here are controlled via Group Policy, so the software is updated everyday (if updates are available etc). I

I don't think that's a good idea.  Updates should be done in a sandbox and tested before released to the production workstations.

But on the topic: is there anything on those rogue machines that would change the "user agent" settings of the browser so that it reports itself as another browser/version?  Compare that of a good machine and a bad one.

• 1 month later...

When Internet Explorer is operated in compatibility view FileMaker WebDirect displays the following error "The web browser you are using is too old or not supported. Please use a supported web browser."

To change Compatibility View settings

Launch Internet Explorer
Press the ALT key to display the Menu bar
Select Tools > Compatibility View settings
Verify that your FileMaker WebDirect website / URL is not added to the "Change Compatibility View Settings" list
Verify that "Display all websites in Compatibility View" and "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" are unchecked
Click Close and refresh / retest your FileMaker WebDirect page / solution 

This topic is 3621 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.