Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hiding a drop-down list (scripted mouse click?)

DeathRobot

This topic is 3677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a field in one table which I would like to auto complete with values from a field in another table. I can see that using a drop-down list will work, but I'd prefer not to ever actually have the drop-down list show. I'm thinking I could use a script trigger so that whenever the user enters that field, a mouse click is performed in that field to make the drop-down go away. Is that possible? I don't see any script step that seems to fit the bill.

Thanks,

Michael

Thanks SoCalMacDude. I realize my description was pretty unclear. What I'd like to have happen is to be able to type in Field A and have it auto fill with values from a field in another table (Field B) . The only way I can come up with to do this is to use a custom value list and a drop-down menu. That works just fine; as I type in Field A, it auto fills with values from Field B. However, while I want to type in Field A, I'd rather not have the drop down menu show; I basically want the auto fill WITHOUT the drop down. This is what happens after you click in Field A, the drop down menu opens, and then you click in the field again; the auto fill still works, but the drop down goes away. So, I was trying to create a script that would perform that second click so that the field would still be active, but I would no longer see the drop down.

Or maybe there's a better way to do this?

This topic is 3677 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.