Splash Screen

This topic is 8106 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Help!

I'm up to my rump in alligators and I need to create a "splash screen" in FMP Developer. It will hold some graphics and have a 10 second delay before switching to another layout. I would like it to be a custom window (about index card size) with no scroll bars and be centered on screen.

I know it's possible and the alligators are getting closer and nipping...

I would appreciate any help in solving my problem.

Very much appreciated!

Michael

Off the top of my head:

Create a new Main file (the one that opens first) that has the layout (and window size) you want. Then create a script that runs on opening. You can use the Pause/Resume script step to have the window pause for a specific duration. Then have the next file open and the "Main" file close.

HTH,

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think that making a splash screen per se is posible. I recomend making a new layout with a black or white background and in the middle the info you want in front of a rectangle that contrast with the background. When u see it in the runtime it will look cool.

If you need help making that layout the first one to apear or with the 10 seconds delay email me @??? [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

Make your splash screen in a seperate layout in your main file. Use a rectangle of some kind to lay on the background to give it the size you need.place your graphics and text within the rectangle. In your script turn off the status bar, toggle {zoom}, and pause for 10 secs. This should give you pretty close to the effect your looking for.

Danja is right...just create a new file that has a script which opens the remaining database files. This way you don't add size to your main files with a large graphic and an additional layout. However what I suggest is you create a login/logout splash screen that displays a graphic for 5 seconds...asks for a password...then opens the remaining db. Leave the file open but minimized...and store a logout script there as well. That way you have one file specifically designed for scripts that open and close your db. Why set a logout option...because people sometimes close FMP accidentaly instead of closing a file...so creating a logout button allows you to script a message that asks them "are you sure?"

This topic is 8106 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.