Q: is it possible to have two sets of tab orders?

Scott_R

This topic is 3671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database with just under a couple of dozen fields within each record.

In its current form, only four fields are included in the Tab Order--about a third of the fields are calculated or otherwise don't use keyboard entry so I wouldn't tab to them anyway, and the rest are only used in particular instances.

However, there are another three fields that I do enter text into with some regularity; when I do so, it's usually in all three.

What I'd like to be able to do is to have two independent sets of Tab Orders--that is, if I'm editing any of the four fields that currently have a Tab Order set, then tabbing switches between the four. If, however, I click into one of the three fields that I periodically need to edit (but don't currently have a Tab Order) then tabbing switches between those three only, until I click back to a different field.

I suspect this is impossible (at least, I don't see how in FM 11, which I currently use), but I thought I'd check, as well as see if there are any esoteric options.

Hi Scott,

I moved your topic from "FileMaker Pro 11" to "Layouts” because, the General Topics are reserved for discussion about the tools, features and functions that were new in that release of FileMaker, and not for asking how-to questions.

If you have any questions about this action, send me a Private Message.

Lee

I didn’t, but they have been a member since 2008 so I’ll give my usual prompt to update.

Hey Scott,

Please update your profile to reflect your current information for OS, Platform and Version of FileMaker Pro. Here is a quick link to get you started. MY PROFILE

You might try putting the field groups on different tabs (as in tab objects).

This topic is 3671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.