Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Texts Integration

Reid

This topic is 3643 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

We do a lot of off-site scheduling and it is always a hassle to call each person to see if they can go. I would like to send a text message to each employee (not hard using the email form of their phone number and carrier information), have them respond using a keyword "Yes" (or something similar), have the database check to see if there is still a need for them to go (if someone has already accepted), and respond back with another text either confirming that they are needed and where to go, or respond with a text message saying that someone else has already accepted. 

It would be nice to start a record in FM, tell it how many people are needed, what the details are (for the confirmation text message), and what time they are to go. If 5 people are needed, it would record the name of the first 5 people that responded "Yes" to the text message so we know, and have record, of who has accepted and who is going, and send a text message to everyone else that responds after that that the positions have already been filled. 

I know I'm asking for a lot here, and there may be a third party system involved. Just wondering if anyone else has set up something similar in the past. 

Hi Reid,

I moved your topic from "Advanced & Developer Features" to "Email” because, the Advance & Developer Topic is for the discussion of the special tools for these two releases of the FileMaker Applications, and not for asking how to questions.

If you have any questions about this action, please just send me a Private Message.

Lee

Is your solution accessible on the web by your employees via Filemaker Go?  If so, I imagine that you could have Filemaker email to them a snapshot link that opens up a scheduling page that allows them to respond to your query. 

That's a great idea Matthew! But our employees do not have access to FMGo.

I've read that this may be possible using a SQL database. SMS updates SQL database, which is connected to filemaker. Could that work?

This topic is 3643 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.