This topic is 3567 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working on an iPad solution designed to browse an art collection.   A container field will display the work of art and there will be some descriptive fields beneath it.

Very frequently, the user will want to view the image 'full screen' by tapping on it.  This works great, but in this case it's unfortunate that there's an intermediate step where the user is to select from a number of Actions' -- which includes the 'View' option I want.  This layout won't be intended for doing anything but viewing the art (no need for replacement, deleting, etc.).

So, my question is whether there's a way of omitting that intermediate 'Action' step so that the use can simply tap once to view the large image?

Albert

The problem is that when images display in the container field, you can't pinch / slide / zoom them as you can when they display fullsceen -- and the ability to have the image display completely alone with no framing at all is very desirable.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry to be so slow getting back to this . . . 

But, no, I don't have a button -- unless there's some sense in which on Go a container field displaying an image is a button?

I think this is really a question about the built-in native behavior of container fields in Go.  Let's say I have a layout with 4 container fields holding images: Kitchen, Bedroom, Yard, Garage.  Each takes up 1/4 of the screen.  When I tap on one for a closer look, I am greeted with this intermediate step where the user is to select from a number of Actions -- one of which is the desired 'full screen' display.

I'm wondering whether I can get around this intermediate choice screen -- it gets extremely tedious for a user who is going to want to view several images in a row.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 3567 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.