Server Maintenance This Week. ×

exact match and multiple finds

This topic is 3650 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Two questions. The basic setup is that we have class designations. For example 1A, 1B, 2A, 2AA, 2B,11A, 11B, etc. I have a script that takes you to a layout that (among other fields) has the class designations come up and you choose which you want. First problem is if you click on 2A you will also get 2AA. I know it works if you choose 2A and then go into the box and modify it to ==2A, but I don't want the user to have to do that.

Second, if I come up with a check off box and they choose, say, 1A, 2A and 3A, it will come back with nothing because it does an and on that field, looking for records that have a class of all three. I want an OR on that by the user clicking on multiple classes in the field. I don't want them to have to click on new request for each class.

Hope my questions make sense.

Second, if I come up with a check off box and they choose, say, 1A, 2A and 3A, it will come back with nothing because it does an and on that field, looking for records that have a class of all three. I want an OR on that by the user clicking on multiple classes in the field. I don't want them to have to click on new request for each class.

Hope my questions make sense.

Do the same thing you'd do manually to perform an OR search: create one Find request per search term.

I.e., write a looping script in which you create a new Find request for each list item; within each iteration, you can use GetValue ( $myListOfSearchItems ; Get ( RequestCount ) ) to process the list.

This topic is 3650 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.