Taking a cue from Jony Ive's great ios 7 design for a splash screen

fmow

This topic is 3652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is a sort of off topic, a bit, post and thread. I just listened to Lee and Andy's podcast about splash screens, and creator's rights, but it's more about the splash screen's that I ll tie this is in with what I replicated in my solution as a splash screen. Inspired by the what's new screens in ios and iwork in particular I created a table with version updates. So here's how it goes:

Basically I replicate what Ive's done with pages, a simple gradient screen with a nice eye cathing pallete, a set of simple icons, and the "what's new" features in a lean nice looking font. I love this style, it's so simple and concentrated.

Now I have a table, that I use for user input for suggestions or bugs, I won't go into that, but that feed in my version updates table which is also linked to an icons one, I draw out of these three and generate merge fields with my updates and icons. Then every month (well the last couple of months) or so I pick gradient a typeset and a colour and I have a pop up pop up as in a floating window upon enter with all that there. 

It seems to focus the user, it provides a good overview of what they are about to get, plus it's good when they see their ideas getting done. I 'd love to write a blog about it, and If I ever get around it to provide a module for it, at least my take on it.

I ll post one soon, sorry it's more time consuming than expected to recreate my db outside for a modular example.

It's the last podcast Lee where you guys talked about getting fair credit for a project hats now out of your hands via some splash screen credit.

Great shows, I don't miss a single one and they bear repeated listens. Sorry for the mix up, takes some time for the who is who of fmp dev world. All the best, and thanks for the help in the forums over time, to everyone.

I find the shows to be friendly in tone but inaccurate and of generally negative value. The recent discussion of record IDs and keys was full of misinformation.

I 'll take your word for it of course Bruce because I am not really in position to judge, although the recent discussion on record IDs was something of a mess indeed. Having said that, and since I too really like anything filemaker related, esp. audio, the show's become a regular thing for me. 

This topic is 3652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.