XML/XSLT import problem

This topic is 3642 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Well I get the attached error message at the end of the import process and I can't figure out where the errors are.  The message says :

Total records added / updated: 105

Total records skipped due to errors: 105

post-60113-0-10182100-1401166923_thumb.j

I can't reproduce your issue. The only thing that could pose a problem is the extension of the stylesheet - should really be .xsl rather than .xml. But that would only be a problem if you're trying to select the stylesheet manually. Doesn't seem like that is the case here.

Do you have any validations in the target table fields that would prevent the creation of new records (e.g. due to duplicate values)?

I changed the extension from .xsl to .xml only because the fmforums site doesn't accept .xsl uploads. I have been using the .xsl version locally.  And no there are no validations in the target tables that would impede the creation of new records.

It seems the error coming at record levels. Can you please record the Error code while execute the - "Import Records" script step. From that error code we can refer the FM error list to catch what the problem is.

Thanks,

Manjit

Hmmm.  Thanks for that but doesn't appear to be much help.  Error code is "729" which means "Errors occurred during import; records could not be imported" which we already knew.

Is this scripted? If yes, can you print the script and post it here? Also, can you reproduce the error in a new file?

FWIW, the only way I can reproduce your error is by adding a unique validation to one of the target fields. Perhaps you should recheck your answer to that.

If you have trouble attaching a file, you can always zip them.

I changed the extension from .xsl to .xml only because the fmforums site doesn't accept .xsl uploads. I have been using the .xsl version locally.  And no there are no validations in the target tables that would impede the creation of new records.

Yes, well I worked out that it was definitely a problem with the file into which I was trying to import as I made a new file and it worked like a charm.  I still don't know why the old file was creating errors with the import, but I have found a workaround and it's OK.  Thanks to all for all the help.

This topic is 3642 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.