can I make the highlight feature of clicking a button invisible?

This topic is 3613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I would like to know if there is anyway to disable the highlight function when I click on a button? I don't want to see that highlight whenever I click. Is there a way to remove the highlight somehow?

Thanks

Yes but only if you have version 13.  You have the ability to individually format each button.  See Inspector > Appearance tab and Style's second popup (normal, hover, pressed and in focus).

So to modify Pressed, you would:

1. Select your Normal from the pop-up.  
  2. Click the UP arrow next to it to copy its formatting.  
  3. Change that pop-up now to Pressed.
  4. Click the DOWN arrow to insert the formatting.

And now since the Pressed formatting is identical to the Normal, clicking it will have no visual effect. :-)

Prior to 13, you can cause the click to change colour a bit by changing its background colour.  But you cannot remove the click effect completely.  And to make the click a better colour, the background will look odd.

Prior to 13, you can cause the click to change colour a bit by changing its background colour.  But you cannot remove the click effect completely.  And to make the click a better colour, the background will look odd.

The OP is showing that their version is 12, so I guess this is the answer?

"Yes but only if you have version 13."

I presented the 13 option more as a suggestion that upgrading might be worth it here and for others reading who have 13. Really, the attempt to change the colour of the background only changes the colour of the click and doesn't eliminate it.  Only 13 can do that.  Thanks for clarifying, Lee!

In previous versions (from version 10 and upwards) you can replace the button with an enterable object - such as a field - and attach an OnObjectEnter script trigger to it. A web viewer is a particularly attractive option here, since it can display an image.

• Like 1

This topic is 3613 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.