Server Maintenance This Week. ×

List view current record highlight

This topic is 8739 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I am working on a contact db which is predominantly used in list view. I need to make the currently selected record in list view visibly different to the other records. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to 'highlight' the records background or a text field in a different colour - ONLY WHILST IT IS THE CURRENTLY SELECTED RECORD.

The little black vertical bar on the left extremity of the current record is okay but I need to make the whole record or just the main info 'jump out from the crowd'.?

Thanks.

What you need is a global field with filled with some color graphic or some icon that will fit on your line.

Record No (Number) Unique

gColor (Global Container)

gCurrent Record (Global Number)

cFlag (Calc Container)

Case(gCurrent = Record No, gColor,"")

Place the cFlag on the layout list view. Now every time you click to a detail view set the gCurrent Record to Record No.

On the line item of the list view

you could attach this script.

IF(gCurrent = Record No)

[GO TO YOUR DETAIL VIEW]

else

Set gCurrent (Record No)

End IF

Set the body color to your highlight color. Make all your fields transparent. Make a rectangle the same size as the body in your background color, and place it behind all the fields. For each field, make a white rectangle, and place it behind the field. Whenever you click in a field, all the fields in that record will show the body color, effectively highlighting the current record.

This topic is 8739 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.