Plugin does not work on FileMaker Server

This topic is 3542 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I wrote a very simple script attempting to use ScriptMaster within a FileMaker Server environment. I do have a plug-in called "myFIleSystems((V1_1)" which have been enabled with FMS.

When running the script in FileMaker Server the returned answer is an "?".

Attached are two documents showing :

1 - the FileMaker Server environment

• the FileMaker Server Admin Console showing the plugin is enabled;
  • the folder where the ScriptMaster plugin has been copied over;
  • the content of the SD card the plugin is to read

2 - the FileMaker custom script.

I've tried the script on a FileMaker Pro environment and everything works fine. I also ensured all the script command would work in FileMaker Server.

Does anyone has an idea why I get "?" as a response?

Thanks!

Daniel

SCRIPTMASTER-FMS and NX5U.tiff

SCRIPTMASTER-CODE.pdf

The '?' response indicates that FileMaker isn't finding that function. I see you're calling ListAllFilesInDirectory. That is the right name for the module when registered from ScriptMaster, but usually the custom plugins functions are prefixed with their abbreviated identifier. Could you check in FileMaker Pro with only the custom plugin enabled if that's the correct function name?

Did not work because the ScriptMaster plugin was not located at the right place. I've copied the plugin in the FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpc/Plugins folder and I no longer get a "?".

I am now running ScriptMaster file system functions individually and I am comparing the result in running the same function in both a FileMaker Pro and a FileMaker server environment.

If the volume is a SD card, or a folder on the computer everything's work fine in both environment.

However, if running the same function on a Storage Area Network (SAN), I do get different result.

If the ScriptMaster function runs from FileMaker pro and looks for file on the SAN, everything works fine.

If the ScriptMaster function runs from FileMaker server and looks for the same file file on the SAN, nothing's work.

I am using a 3 TB TimeCapsule as a SAN.

Why the same function would not work on a SAN?

Daniel

This topic is 3542 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.