Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Taking a FM database online as a membership site

Blaze

This topic is 3506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a Filemaker database that I sell as a static runtime solution for PC and Mac.
(Each record also involves container fields embedded image files.)
I am wanting to take the database online as a membership site that will allow customers to access it via web browser which would allow for access by mobile devices as well regardless of platforms.
It will also be static with no need for customers having any content modification or write privileges of any sort.
Access would need to accommodate multiple people accessing/viewing the site at once (but again, no write ability)
There will be a membership login interface front end that will handle secured access.
I'm not sure if web direct or Filemaker server are even suitable for such an endeavor.
Any thoughts?

WebDirect may be a bit too clunky for your purposes.  Probably a PHP website with a Filemaker Server backend would work very well.   I'd consider enlisting a Filemaker/PHP developer since the initial learning curve seems pretty steep. 

OK

Scratch the WebDirect part of the question.

I wasn't looking at that as a strong option anyway.

Just needing some good insight, direction and advice as to how to take the content, layout and basic functionality of my Filemaker solution that is already developed and make it available online with a secure membership front end and the database as the back end.

I would really appreciate some sage advice from some wise minds here on the forum!

Thanks in advance for your reply.

This topic is 3506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.