New Version of Spoke Database

This topic is 3513 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm syncing with a different file for the spoke database and was going to update the server version of that file with a copy I've been working on offline.  This seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I'm wondering if replacing the current server copy of the spoke database with a new version of the same name will cause problems for users currently on the old version.

Nothing has changed with regard to the "alignment" with the Hub database, just layouts and some scripting to further tailor the spoke system for remote users.  Ultimately all remote users will update to this version, but if swapping out the file means users of a remote database originally created from the old file are going to have problems I'll need to plan accordingly.

Thanks for any input.

Craig

You should be OK to proceed with this. One note of caution: When importing the records from the old version into the new empty clone, be sure that the records are NOT sorted. If they are sorted in the source file, first do an unsort command. For deletion scanning purposes, we rely on the records always being in the same order when you do 'unsort', and that won't happen if you sort the records prior to importing.

This topic is 3513 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.