email plug in won't run with wrong version of java

This topic is 3395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I have been trying to deploy 360works enterprise version onto a filemaker server.

It is filemaker server 9 advanced running on leopard server (10.5)

The plug-in will not run properly because the mac server doesn't have a 32 bit version of java.

It now appears that this is no longer available for this version of the operating system

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get an older 32 bit version of java that will run on OSX 10.5

There isn't any chance of being able to update the op system in the near future.

Many thanks for reading

Hello 

Thanks for that. Unfortunately not a lot of use as I need a 32 bit version of java that will run on Leopard(10.5).

The only 32 bit versions I could find would only run on 10.7 and above.

Does anyone else know  whether possible to do it on this earlier operating system

Many thanks

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the great plugin that does magnificent things that we are all missing in FileMaker. There is also a great documentation included on what the plugin can do and how, which is mostly appreciated.

However shouldn't there also be some kind of a troubleshooting guide with the list of error codes and known compatibility issues. This would help us avoid disappointment and embarrassment in situations where it worked last night on my computer, suddenly doesn't work at all in the morning when i proudly try to demonstrate it on the clients or bosses computer.

There is also some kind of an issue with working on Apple Server and FM Server 13 (seams it doesn't work).

So, while waiting for the troubleshooting tutorial, could we also know what would be the maximum version of FileMaker client, FileMaker Server, OS X and Java for 360Works Email 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to hear that you had any issues with our plugins! With regards to error codes, our plugins don't return codes, just "ERROR" when they hit an exception. Detailed information about the error can be determined by using, for example, the EmailLastError function. For compatibility, there are no maximum versions of anything for our plugins, with the exception that we do require 32 bit Java (and for OS X, this necessitates Java 6). As far as platforms go, we support FMS 11+, Windows XP/Server 2003 and newer, and OS X 10.6+. We have this information in the Questions and Answers section of our products pages (such as http://360works.com/email-plugin/ )

This topic is 3395 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.