Java.io.filenotfoundException

This topic is 2989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am in the middle of a contract a this moment and I've started to get this message.

Java.io.filenotfoundException: Directory /Volumes/Data/10 could not be created because the parent directory /Volumes/Data is not writeable.

I have been doing this for the last two weeks and never had any issues. I rely quite extensively on scriptmaster functions. Unfortunately, nothing works anymore, I have to do everything manually.

The parent disk is writetable and I have been creating folder all along. I did not change anything to my environment.

Would someone's experienced this problem ?

MANY THANKS!

Daniel

• 1 year later...

I just started getting this error last week as well.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: Directory /Users/Desktop/Test could not be created because the parent directory /Users is not writeable

Highly frustrating!!

i am using the scriptmaster function CreateFolder to create folders on a Apple MacOS Server for our job production. 

Everything was fine until last week. i did find reference to another post from 360Works that specified that a specific version of Java be used https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1572?locale=en_US but this not fix the error.

Odd thing is, even the Scriptmaster FM database is giving the same error.

Anyone please help...

Thanks!!

Jerry

• Newbies

I'm having the same problem.  I have a FileMaker solution that uses a plug-in created from ScriptMaster.   The person using the solution is on a Mac.   Everything worked perfectly until today.  We learned that yesterday IT updated the OS to El Capitan 10.11.3 and updated Java to 8.  IT assures us that Java 6 is also installed.  However, the plug-in can't seem to find it.  Do I need to do something special since the machine is running two versions of Java?

This topic is 2989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.