how to import links from Microsoft word?

This topic is 3371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a large microsoft word file which contains URL links. Hyperlinks.

I tried to import the links many ways and they loose, their LINKHOOD (the non blue underlying URL)

In Microsft word they appear blue and they are active. If I click on a link in this document, it opens a

web page but in the address bar it is addressed with what is underneath the visible hyperlink.

Is there some way to convert the word document into some way to allow the  import of the real converted text underneath the hyperlinks?  I need to collect the actual urls so I can use them in an open url script. In their present form they don't work.

I tried putting it to excel but there is no change.

There must be someway to automatically convert them like this:

ex

All Saints' Episcopal Church, Birmingham, AL

becomes

http://www.episcopalchurch.org/parish/all-saints-episcopal-church-birmingham-al

If you have any ideas please let me know. Thank you

PS I found this link which does what want to do but it is not for Mac OS  it is below

http://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/1177-excel-extract-hyperlink-from-cell.html#a3

Thanks I tried that but it is difficult. It is the right direction .  If I can figure out how to parse another way I have a solution but I think it is a new topic which I will make next. Sorry to jump from one thing to another but it really is a different problem I have to understand.

I have a large microsoft word file which contains URL links. Hyperlinks.

I tried to import the links many ways and they loose, their LINKHOOD (the non blue underlying URL)

I am not aware that you can import MS Word documents at all - so the starting point of your question is not clear.

This topic is 3371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.