Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can a find be calculated without pasting in the find field?

This topic is 3383 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script in which the clipboard is already loaded with information from a field. The problem I am having is that I need to copy and paste field into the "find" mode in the same field. I was wondering if there is anyway to do a set field within find mode to automate the find.

I would like to set the find from the current field phone and in setting the field have the find field set with the contents of the field "phone".  If I were only trying to find if there are a few copies of that field, i would automate the copy and pasting of the field into the same field during find mode. But since I have information already copied to the clipboard that would negate that . I do not want to use the duplicate function. I have found in unreliable and producing errors.

Check out the script step called Find Matching Records.  And please drop copy and paste from your usage and instead use Set Field[].  Copy and paste are rarely used.  :-)

I do not want to use the duplicate function. I have found in unreliable and producing errors.

Duplicate is completely reliable.  

Prior to Find Matching Records script step, it could be handled like this:

Set Variable [ $value ; table::PhoneNumber ]
Enter Find Mode [ uncheck pause ]
Set Field [ table::PhoneNumber ; $value ]
Set Error Capture [ on ]
Perform Find []

I have dropped the 'if no records found' because there is obviously a phone number record in this instance.

This topic is 3383 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.