Sign in to follow this  
mapsgal

Portal TimeStamp Problem

Hi,

I set up a child table for "Notes" with Time stamps and used four different portals to bring them into the layout of my main table.

For reasons that I cannot figure out the timestamp is not working correctly. I have tweaked the settings to no avail.

After the first attempt, I decided that it must be related to the duplication of the time stamp for each notes field. So I set up independent time stamps for each field. I am starting to think that the problem may be that I can only have one time stamp per table.

here is a screen shot of the layout.

http://prntscr.com/5y5kcj

and screen shot of table view.

http://prntscr.com/5y5njr

Thanks for advice  :flowers:

mapsgal...

Nowhere in your post do you specify the exact problem.

As close as you got was..."For reasons that I cannot figure out the timestamp is not working correctly."

What is not working correctly? Do you not see the expected data in the portals? Is it something else?

Hi mapsgal,

For reasons that I cannot figure out the timestamp is not working correctly. I have tweaked the settings to no avail.

Screen shots do not show file structure. Attach a copy of your file, see how here ATTACH FILE, This will speed up your process of finding an answer.

Lee

And if attaching screen shots - isn't  it your pref, Lee, that they not be external links but actual attachments also?

Might also be good when reminding people about uploading their file that they can save a clone if they don't want us to see their data.

My 'guess' at the promblem is that you are saying (as per the table view screenshot), is that each timestamp is identical.  It looks to me that these were set as an auto entered timestamp upon record creation.  These are always going to be identical as they are just that.... a timesamp on record creation.

Your different note fields are all on one single record.

The way I would have done it would to have had each note as a seperate record, and have a field within the"Notes Table"  called Notes Table::NoteType attached to the button that creates each note type would be set field step which would set the type to be 'Photo Note'. 'Initial Note' etc.  Then you would filter each portal on the layout by this note type.

Hi Bruce,

And if attaching screen shots - isn't  it your pref, Lee, that they not be external links but actual attachments also?

We prefer all files, screenshots, etc. be posted here so that the complete picture of the need remains intact and to prevent spam: 

1). it prevents the deletions of linked items once the member has received a solution to their problems, thereby leaving a hole in the thread, where future readers whom might have a similar problem, can not see the whole situation.

2). it makes the attachments more real, less chance of being caught in following a link to a spam site. 

Might also be good when reminding people about uploading their file that they can save a clone if they don't want us to see their data.

The link, How to add an attachment to a reply), covers that and some other helpful things. I invite all members to take a look at it and provide me any feedback on it.

Lee

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By DPaquin
      Hello,

I do want to upgrade from Filemaker Server 12 to version 16.
      At first I've wanted to uninstall v12 but cannot access to the console. 
      I get screen saying "Cannot start the Consol, managing  Admin Server not available?
      Does anyone have an idea of why I cannot start the FMS 12 Consol.

Thanks!

FMS-ERR.tiff
    • By Randy Bennett
      Yes, I did say iPhone 5 -
      I have a small database i created that has a few portals on different layouts - Everything works fine on my Mac, fine on my iPhone X, even fine on my iPad mini
      However, I need it to also work on an old iPhone 5 and the portal data is just blank - nothing. In fact, I really ONLY need it to work on this old iPhone 5 (This particular database will go to a music festival to be used by several other people and I can't give them my iPhone) 
      I have another layout with different portals that are working on the iPhone 5 - but not this main screen. 
      I have made sure that all of my fields are small and inside the portal. - So, I am stuck as to why? BTW - It is Filemaker Go 16.0.4.456 (The latest version that I can install on an iPhone 5)

• By candell
      FYI I tried to add this to the Filemaker community page but don't think it worked hence adding here also.
      I have been tasked with creating a website for a charity, part of the website will be a searchable archive of all of their historic data. This data is stored in Filemaker Pro 12 on the historians machine.
      He has provided me with 4 .fmp12 files, I downloaded a trial version that I found here http://www.filemaker.com/redirects/ss.html?file=PRO12MAC however none of his files will open.
      The website runs on Wordpress which is php based, the database is a maria database although I am happy to use whatever method I need to get this data on to the website and searchable.
      I was expecting to open the files in the trial version, export as csv and create and import in to the maria database.
      Is this possible with filemaker, do you think I would be better downloading a trial of the latest version, will his files open ok in the latest version?
      Unfortunately I have no experience of filemaker so am struggling a little.
      Thanks for any advice anyone may be able to provide.
    • By cat traveller
      Hi everyone,
      on a file accessed via filemaker Go 17, I am using a scripted navigation to move records up and down in a portal that is inside a popover.
      This has worked in filemaker 12 like a charm and also works on a filemaker client. The records smoothly move up and down the list. 
      However in Filemaker Go, the portal follows every move of the script as if it is not aware of the freeze portal.
      EG the down button is to move the record one record further down inside the filtered and sorted portal (like so)
      This is the script.

- freeze window and go to portal
      - go to first line of portal and loop through the portal until I hit the record to move
      - go to next line and give the position field the value of my record to be moved
      - go to line above and give the position field the value of my record +1
      - commit record and refresh portal via an x join 
      - go to last line of the portal 
      - go to the line of position of my record to be moved. 

Would anyone be aware of this issue or know a workaround to stop the portal from flickering?

Thanks so much

• By Gismo12
      Hi,

I have a drop down in a portal, how do i filter the drop down box to only display the record relating the record in focus on the active layout where the portal is inserted?
      example: I have a customer selected in my customer layout, the customer has several products related to that customer. when I click on the drop down list in the portal, I only want to see the products for that specific customer. The drop down is in the warranty portal, products are saved in the product table with a reference to the customer.

Please could you assist?
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    Dr.Who 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.