Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need to grab local FMP data to web (PHP/MySQL)

This topic is 8320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi There, I am a web-developer, I need for a client to be able to connect to a FMP DB, from webserver - via static IP, ok now if this was MySQL,SQL server etc I could pass the IP & DNS in the connection string, but I am forced to use ODBC as php does not have native FMP functions (just about every other data-source just not FMP grrrr)

Can anybody point me in the right direction here? please note that ?lasso? etc is not an option, the host is PHP & its what I develop in for all of my sites, I also hate ODBC with a passion but have little choice here, there are unlikely to be many queries - say 50 simple selects per day so I can live with the ODBC speed issue.

Anybody have a sample ODBC connection string? (note I can successfully connect locally via ODBC) - can I do a DNSless connection to FMP? is this viable? & how.

Plus is there anything else I should be aware of in relation to remotely connecting to and querying FMP apart from a valid DNS if appropriate?

If I seem a little dull on the subject please excuse me, this is my first encounter with FMP - I have worked with Access and Paradox before, and must say that FMP is a groovy little tool! - it would of course be even groovier if it lets me talk to it remotely.

Cheers

Simon Wheeler

• Newbies

OK - solved my problem by creating a page on the client machine using CDML and then just getting PHP (online) to parse the result page for the info I need, this is a simple enough query anyway, but would still appreciate any info on remote ODBC connection to FMP.

Got to say that the only thing that seems to let FMP down is the lack of online documentation

This topic is 8320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.