Web direct works over LAN but not WAN

This topic is 3311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

Ive recently published my solution to filemaker server, and am trying to access via web direct. When I'm accessing using LAN, all works well. However, when trying to access over WAN, I cannot get the webpage to load.

For example http://192.168.0.2/fmi/webdworks, but http://staticip/fmi/webd does not.

The static IP is correct, as I can use Remote Desktop to connect to the server.

Ive setup port forwarding on 5003 on the router, and can access the solution via the Filemaker application.

Ive also opened up the following ports, with no success: 80, 443, 2399, 5003, 16000-16021, 9090.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sophia

Hi, 

Sorry for the delay in replying. Ive just come off a run of nights.

I tried the public ip and that doesn't work. Im guessing it must be a port somewhere that Ive neglected to open up, but I can't find where Ive gone wrong.

Kind Regards,

Sophia

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issue. Using some port check sites it shows my ports 80, 443 and few others are blocked even being open on my router. I feel it ia the ISP that is blocking those and they will do nothing to help with it. Sadly as I will have to pay a dedicated server to run the db or change my isp if that is indeed the case.

FM server could have a tool that verify if the ports can comunicate to outside of the local network.

This topic is 3311 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.