Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How can I modify/customize the 404 page?

This topic is 3317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The 404 error page you're seeing isn't part of SuperContainer; it's just your web server's default 404 page. There are instructions for setting up custom 404s on the web. I found this webpage to be pretty helpful. The only SuperContainer specific thing to be wary of is that you're probably using the FileMaker Server-configured web server, so your base html documents folder is FileMaker Server/HTTPserver/htdocs/, and that's where you should place your .htaccess file.

Let me know if you have any problems with that, and I'll see what I can do for you!

I'm sorry I should've mentioned this before, I'm still using FileMaker Server 12 so that path to the HTTPserver/htdocs/ is not available.

Can you point me to the right path? Looks like FileMaker Server is handling the 404 error because it returns this text....

----------------------
HTTP Status 404 -

FileMaker Server has encountered an error:
The requested resource () is not available.

----------------------

Thanks!

After some more research, .htaccess is more for directory specific errors. Windows uses IIS as a web server which can be configured to use custom Error Pages. You may have to install the Error Pages feature of IIS through the Programs and Features menu. OS X uses Apache as its web server, but it seems that the Tomcat 404 overrides the Apache one, so you'd need to configure a custom Tomcat 404, probably in the server.xml file.

We'd be more than happy to help you out with this, but it would be beyond the scope of our free support and would be billable work. If you're interested in that, send me a private message and I'll get you in touch with our project manager.

".htaccess is more for directory specific errors."

That's exactly why I wanted to show a customized 404 page. I want to show a customized 404 page when a file in SuperContainer is not available.

Thanks for your time. I'll send you a private message once we figure out the urgency of this project.

This topic is 3317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.