User is bypassing Login screen?

This topic is 3313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Awe crap ... misread the post.  

disregard previous suggestions.  

What account name is she logged in under?  If you have advanced in data viewer use Get(Accountname) if not, create script with display dialog with same in the display box.  If its the right user account than ... pas de problem in my estimation.  

post-110620-0-84592100-1427124776_thumb.

Edited by Nuos

I have a file that my employees access using 'Open Remote...' 

One of the employees is not being sent to the login screen. It only happens on her computer.

Any ideas?

When you say "login screen" what do you mean exactly?  The credentials challenge dialog where a user is asked to enter an account name and password?? Or, something else?

The KeyChain is a likely culprit; however, something else could be at work here.

Steven

I believe you can constrain the ability of the KeyChain to work with FIleMaker Pro.  That would require some reconfiguration of the privileges on the workstation.  Beyond that, there is a workaround for errant KeyChain storage.

The problem with misuse of the KeyChain is that it can provide an open access route for unauthorized access to the databases.  Hopefully one day there can be a permanent fix for this issue.

Steven

If she is on Windows and you are using External Authentication, and her Windows login is on the domain, Windows will auto-login if it can. If it doesn't authenticate, the user is presented with the login dialog.

This topic is 3313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.