Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need help in creating an automatic list of a combined text field

This topic is 3313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've run into a new road block.

I need to be able to  copy information from a field, named Crewinfo, Which has calculated text (but is of text subtype) into another field named CrewList (Also of text type)

I've tried List (Crewinfo) but it does not seem to be updating as I change the field.

Also, I'd like it to stop after reaching the number field named (Crewcount) which is meant to cap the number of Crew selected.

(Crewinfo uses a vlookup function (from briancunnings' website) to get the information i needed to display.

I now need the ability to autolist each change (and maybe a button to reset the list).

I am confused about this portion and need the ability to automatically add each to the field, each time crewinfo changes, upto the crewcount times.

If I understand, and that is not necessarily certain, then you might try something like:

LeftValues ( yourMultilineListOfCrew ; x times )

But really, I'm providing an answer without enough background or knowing your structure.  It sounds like what you are doing is a bit 'off' from normal process.

In truth, a proper relationship will probably give you what you need much easier.

This topic is 3313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.