Glitch In Custom Menu names by calc

Blaze

This topic is 3278 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to populate a custom menu name via a calculation.

There is a glitch in both FM 12 and 13 when doing this.

If I change records, the resulting calc is stuck from the previous record.

It does not refresh by changing records. I can change record after record and it doesn't refresh.

I have to change layouts back and forth and then records before it will refresh.

The scenario is this...

A user can add a web link to a field and then give it a title in another field.

(The data is entered via a dialog box in a script - of course the field is not global storage or anything that would cause it to hang on the data)

The calcs for the menu simply checks to see if the field is populated then returns the title field (both are defined)

This way the user can tell if they have already pasted links into a record or if a field is blank and unused (ready for data entry)

Definitely a glitch on how FM is handling this.

Does anyone have any idea on how to refresh this simply by changing records 

Edited by Blaze

I failed to mention that there is a second scenario where this happens when there is already data present in a regular text field (in other words, no script was involved in acquiring the data). 

I did try adding your suggestion to a script. No change in the glitchy behavior. The menu does not refresh record to record.

Edited by Blaze

Kudos to those who have replied to this post. I quite frankly don't understand the question at all. Menu Name? Or is this simply a question of records not refreshing? I don't understand menu name by calc in this context.

"I am trying to populate a custom menu name by calculation" is what puzzles me. I know what it means but don't see what it has to do with the rest of the post.

Edited by Rick Whitelaw

Simply put - I need a dynamic menu name (created by returning the data in a particular field).

That part works fine - until I advance to a new record.

The "result" in the menu has remained the same as it was in the previous record. Why is it not refreshing when I change records?

Thanks hbrendel for the script trigger idea. I just used a window refresh and Install Menu command in order to circumvent the erratic behavior

Edited by Blaze

This topic is 3278 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.