Do I need server 14?

This topic is 3242 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Do I need to upgrade to Server 14 or...

Since the file format is still .fmp12, are there any issues hosting a file created or modified with FMP 14 on FMS 13.

I would think that the server is just pushing the data out, and FMP 14 is rendering the data, everything would work without any issues.

Is my thinking correct?

Michelle

Edited by Michelle Logan

it is always the best recommendation to have version parity.

However 13 server can host files for FMP14 - however there may be some features that my not perform as expected (performance being one of them) 

If you don't deploy NEW features in FMP 14 you may get further mileage out of it but the more features you implement in the file the more potential issues could be seen by having FMS 13 hosting the file. 

To expand on what Josh and OW are saying: in the normal interaction between FMP and FMS, FMS may decide to take on some tasks (do some calculations for instance).  If they are both on the a different version they may not be able to make that decision properly and the client may end up doing more work than otherwise, potentially slowing your solution down.

If you want to mix and match I would actually use FMS14 and leave the clients on 13.  In our early testing it looks like FMS14 is faster than 13.

This topic is 3242 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.