Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Send Mail via Email Client - Bug?

This topic is 3183 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just installed FMPA 14 two days ago and running it through its paces.  I may have found a bug but not 100%.  I have a script that will email my clients their account info and password by Send Mail via Email client.  This IS performed with dialog so I am expecting to see a window pop up with the email I am sending - however nothing happens.   When I run the script on the 14 platform (tried in both Pro and Advance) no dialog appears and I get a -1 Unknown Error when the Send Mail script step is fired.   This script works flawlessly in 13.  The file is hosted on Filemaker Server 13 Advanced (waiting for the kinks to get worked out before I upgrade); Windows Server 2008 r2 64 bit.  The client machines are all 64 bit Widows 7 machines.   

Is it the "B" word or is there something new to configure/sort out that I'm not aware of?  Thanks in advance - Jim

Screenshot.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe their email client is 32-bit? I'm not sure I'm interpreting this right:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5587/kw/32

It says you must install 64-bit FileMaker if you use a 64-bit email client. This implies you should use 32-bit FileMaker with 32-bit email client but it doesn't explicitly state this.

Is sending via SMTP an option for you?

Maybe their email client is 32-bit? I'm not sure I'm interpreting this right:

​The email client is 32 bit however FMPA 13 was 64 bit - so why should one work and not the other.  The help link IS confusing.  Just found this on the FMP Forums - looks like they aware and working on the issue:  

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/da8f1c09c8

Thanks all!

Jim

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My colleague recently found a more specific solution to this problem for FM13.

I realise it is probably a completely different problem but might be worth a try:

-    Closed all Office programs
-    Renamed "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033" to .OLD
-    Opened up Word and click File > Save & Send
o    This prompted an installer which recreated a new 1033 folder with a new MSMAPI32.DLL within it
-    Closed and Reopened Word – I could then Save & Send, from FM also

• Thanks 1

Have you tried using a http url with a mailto link? I know that FMv13 had issues with Outlook 2013, some of my computers wouldn't send email via outlook whilst others on older versions of Outlook would.

This topic is 3183 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.