Value List Script

This topic is 8064 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello, I have created a script for a value list, the script is a simple [clear] script which clears another field when run. The problem I have is I don't know how to apply the script so I can still scroll through the value list with the script attached to it.

Thanks for any advice.

Chris Brown

IT Support

United Kingdom.

I don't know what you mean, but I'll guess: you have a field formatted as a pop-up list; the field is a button that runs a script that clears a different field. However when clicked the other field clears but he pop-up list doesn't appear.

You script need to be:

Set Field [other field, ""]

Go to field [first field, select]

Hi thanks for your advice, but the problem I am having is that when I click on the first value list and choose a company name when I click on field 2 I can choose the product that relates to that company thats fine. I have set up a relationship so that when I click on field 1 [company name] all the data that is stored for that comapny appears in value list 2 [product]. Here's the problem, if I want to change the company name in that record from Adidas to say Nike then in the [product] value list will still show the same data that was selected for Adidas until I have clicked on the [product] and chose the correct product I want. Is there any way of clicking on [company] value list and it automatically clearing whats in [product]?

Thanks for any help it's much appreciated.

Chris

Hi,

this will clear the product value list if you click on the company name.

write a script

Set field [product field, ""]

Go to field [company]

Now, in layout mode, click on your company field and select format button.

choose perform script and specify the script you just created.

Now, every time you click on the company field it will clear the product field and then open the company value list.

HTH

Hi thanks for your help. I may sound really dim but im still having problems writing the script.

when I click on set field in script maker then go into specify and type [product,'''']

it comes up with the error ''there are too many seperators in this funtion''

What am I missing please help.

Thanks very much.

Chris

The Set Field script step requires only one parameter in the calculation box - this is the content you require. In your case, "".

You specify the destination field with the Specify Field button when the Set Field command is highlighted in your script.

This topic is 8064 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.