extracting username and password from related security database

This topic is 8277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am setting up a search engine that links to a secure FTP site.

when the user clicks on search, a web security database prompt comes up and asks for username and password. My problem is that the information returned in the search needs to be linked to the FTP site(without having to use another security prompt) the link that gets sent to the browser should look like this ftp://username tongue.gif" border="0[email protected]. So I need a way of extracting the users username and password from the security database and adding it to the link for the FTP site. in the "Specify fields" command I typed the following but it still does not work.

"<A HREF=" & quote & Database Name & Database Password & file name & quote & ">" & file name & "</A>"

any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

Andrew Osadca

Hi,

If you're using the Filemaker "Web Security" database and the "Web Security Database" option of Web Companion, then all you need to do is use the [FMP-ClientUserName] and [FMP-ClientPassword] tags which will get replaced by the User name and Password where ever used.

Rgds, Partha

• Newbies

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

it is now returning the proper username and password, but it is not displaying the following as a link,

ftp://[FMP-ClientUserName]:[FMP-ClientPassword]@ftp.ftp.com/[FMP-FIELD:author, Raw]

something like this is displayed on the results page, but is not linked it to anything. it is just plain text.

ftp://aosadca:[email protected]/179/VxWorks/

Does anyone know how I can get this to link?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Andrew

• Newbies

HI,

I do have the HREF tag added, and while im editing the file in Dreamweaver it shows up as a link, but when I actually do a search and am running it through a browser it just shows up as plain text with the information returned.

This topic is 8277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.