Portal Not Displaying

This topic is 3212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all

I have a layout with a portal and the portal isn't displaying any records.  I've tried changing the theme (based on solution I read on another thread here).

What am I missing?

P.S: I'm a beginner, so excuse the blind ignorance.

Make sure the controls inside the portal are completely within the boundaries of the portal row. If they are 1 pt out of bounds the related data will not display.

Make sure the relationship is set up correctly on the relationship graph and that the match field data types are compatible and indexed.

Make sure their is actual data in the records that will evaluate as matching across the relationship

Edited by Kris M

• Newbies

Thank you for replies.  Just to clarify: The portal works absolutely fine on the desktop application.  It's only not working on WebDirect.

Edited by Rupes

• Newbies

Make sure the controls inside the portal are completely within the boundaries of the portal row. If they are 1 pt out of bounds the related data will not display.

Make sure the relationship is set up correctly on the relationship graph and that the match field data types are compatible and indexed.

Make sure their is actual data in the records that will evaluate as matching across the relationship

​Is this WebDirect specific? If it works on the database is it not a given it will work on Webdirect?

I haven’t  use WebDirect, however others here have.

WebDirect was introduce in version 13 and I remember some post early on about some problems, however I don’t recall what the problems were. Have you done a search for your keywords?

Lee

A portal that works on Desktop should work on WD. Make sure your using a supported browser (Safari, Chome, IE )

Zip and post your file so someone can see the internals

Edited by Kris M

"A portal that works on Desktop..." 

No, I don't think it is simple as that. There are style and layering limitation in Webdirect that will not work but which will work on Desktop.

This topic is 3212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.