Lets talk About FileMaker Development

Nuos

This topic is 3171 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey FM Devs

I am starting a new Filemaker Podcast.  Its been rattling in my mind for some time.  Its called Filemaker Developer Journal. I want it to be a repository of development discussion and ideas.  In this light, I thought it would be fun to discuss various solutions we have created, the process of creating them, challenges and how they were overcome.  If you have a solution you would like featured, please let me know.  Private message me and we can talk more off line - or mention it here.  Or check out the podcast which will launch soon.  http://www.humanedevelopment.com/filemaker-developer-journal/ 

Cheers,

Marcus

Click on the word “Chat" above in the header, and it shows  the time and day of the week (hint FNC). When you enter the FNC you will have to agree to basic posting policies.  

The Chat room is open to the members to met and discuss a FileMaker related problems. This is more of a One -to-one met.

Lee

FNC can be interesting but it is very meandering, quite different from a podcast. I think there's room in the FileMaker universe for a well structured podcast.

• 3 weeks later...

I am attempting to launch a new filemaker podcast (see humanedevelopment.com). After playing around, I realized that the show formate needed some interviews.  But Im finding it hard to find people to interview as I live in a very rural and remote part of Northern Canada where FileMaker developers (pro to noob) are hard to find.  

So heres the pitch. I want to interview you.  Yup. You. About how you got into Filemaker, the solution you're working on, the challenges you've encountered and how you overcame them.  I am hoping to get the full range on developer - from the roped in employee, the weekend/weeknight warrior to the pro developer.

Message me and lets chat about it.  

Marcus

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If you have the blessing of the forum administrators to promote your podcast, I think it may be better to direct viewers to you site, and ask the viewers who they would like you to interview, and maybe some questions or poll questions

For example, here you could say......."Coming up next [whateverday], File M. Aker, expert developer, come on over to our site to submit questions..."

But I'm always interested in listening/learning.  Keep in mind audio quality, and not droning on and on are the key....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.