Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

360Plugins_ServerScripting64.log" file size

This topic is 3061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm using a custom Plugin made with ScriptMaster 4 Advanced in Server-side scripti on FileMaker Server 13/14.

The Plugin logs the record in "360Plugins_ServerScripting64.log" file on every event, not only registration function but also all functions. So the size of the log gets huge. Is there any way to keep this file small or to stop logging?

• 9 months later...

I'm also wondering about this, it got to 7gb and has grown to 50mb over a few hours.

(it is called every minute however)

Edited by sal88

Are you registering the plugin each time you call the server script??

This is the root of your problem afaik. There is no need as the JVM is bound to the Server. If gets reset when the script engine is restarted, and only then do you need to re-register any functions..

Ah yes that is correct, have disabled that script step. So would that mean I would have to register the plugin if the server/filemaker service is restarted? If so how?

• Newbies

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Plugin_registration

Note:When executing scripts via FileMaker server or in Web Publishing, it is best practice to have your registration function calls at the beginning of every script that is going to run plugin functions. This will ensure that the instance of the plugin that is instantiated for that script is registered.

No, I think ( and have reported several l times ) that the SMgetregisteredModules bit of code only works the first time you call it after resetting the plugin, thereafter it returns nothing, so we have taken to creating a function SMisLoaded to be called and if it is then do not bother to go through re-loading everything.

I suggest the same approach here with built plug-in too. If your function is in registered then you do not need to redo the register steps. Even if this reduces down to needed to be refreshed once an hour, this is a 60fold decrease in teh need to wirte to your log file.

Woudl be really helpful to get a 360works answer here, as mine are purely anecdotal. When you close FileMaker it is then closed.. If you run a scirpt in teh server,filemaker doesnt close, but it does run the startup script each time you open a new session with a perform script on server. but as you can have two of these runnign simultaneously, then it makes no sense that the JVM required is some how multiplied, or trashed on completion....

john

• Like 1

After a restart of the server I enabled the register script step in the start up script for the initial scheduled run. After that I disabled it. Now the log file is 140mb - that's over the space of 2.5 hours.

So even without the registration step the log file is growing very quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

This is causing headaches now. The following log files have grown to 7gb over just a couple of weeks:

C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Logs\360Plugins_ServerScripting64.log
C:\Windows\Temp\360out1193738757296079708.log
There have been more than one in the Windows\Temp folder, but they were able to be deleted.

Both files are locked also. The register script step has been disabled. My other server plugin does not cause this problem.

Any ideas?

This topic is 3061 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.