Could not generate DH Keypair

This topic is 3219 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I'm using the function GetUrlAsContainerPart2 from ScriptMaster Plug-in, with filemaker 12.

I've been working with this function for more than 2 years and today I received this error message: "Jave.net.ssl.SSLException: Could not generate DH keypair".

I'd appreciate any help.

This was solved via our support system but I wanted to update this thread so the information is available for anyone who runs into this.

This is a limitation with Java 6. What is happening is you are trying to establish a connection over SSL and in order to establish a connection, the server and your machine must complete a handshake. This is done through the use of keys. Java 6 has a limitation to where it can only generate a key that is a multiple of 64 and in the range 512 to 1024 bits. This presents a problem as some servers that use DH key pairs now have a standard of keys of at least 2048 bits and the result is this error.

If you do run into this error with our plugins, in general the only workarounds are to establish the connection without SSL or establish the connection using a machine with Windows OS as they can use later versions of Java. 

Of note, we are working on moving away from the dependency on Java 6 with Mac OS.

Edited by ryan360Works
  • Like 1

This topic is 3219 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.