Limit a relationship further

aguest

This topic is 3202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

HI,

I have the following relationship which works perfectly when a teacher logs in and they only see the students in their form group. However, student sometimes move between form groups for different reasons so if there is an end date populated for the record in the final student tutor group table (holds complete history) then I don't want that record picked up and the tutor able to see the student.

I know this can be done in a relationship but I'm struggling to figure out how to do it. I've created a global field in my global table called ActiveTutee (which I intend to leave blank) but filemaker won't let me link this to the current table occurrence and I'm not sure how else to do it.

Any help would be great?

active tutee.png

if there is an end date populated for the record in the final student tutor group table (holds complete history) then I don't want that record picked up and the tutor able to see the student.

I am not sure I fully follow your description, but if you define a calculation field in the same table where the end date is as =

Case ( not EndDate ; FK_StudentID )

and use it as the matchfield to Students, then only active students will be related and visible.

Note that is not a security measure.

Edited by comment

This topic is 3202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.