Add record in related table

Spidey

This topic is 3267 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Please use more meaningful language about what you are trying to do.

Don't talk about "table B", talk about what real world things are represented here.

What is "Master"? It looks like this has something to do with invoices, where normally you have 

Customers -< Invoices -< Invoice Items >- Products

Thank you for your reply.  I have 3 table: master, invoice, and product.  In my master, it has a portal that link to invoice, and it has a field of product foreign key, and it links to the product primary key in the product table.

My question is when I enter a new product number in the portal in master, how can the the product automatically create a new record.  See attachment.  

Many thanks. 

Add Record.fp7

Sorry, your structure and your question makes no sense.

Your design declares that for a single master record, you want to create many invoices, and each invoice is for one product only, and you always create a new product every time you create an invoice. And we don't really know what a "Master" record represents.

Forget the "how to create a record" question for now. What are you really  trying to do? What business process is represented here?

Thank you for your reply.

The master is the Purchase order and it has multiple products.  Each product can appear in multiple purchase order, so I create invoice to links the two. 

My question is when I add a new product in the portal that is not in the product table, how can it appear in the product table instantly.  Thank you so much for your reply. 

I am trying to create a purchase order program has has multiple products, and the product information draws from the product table. 

Still haven't seen a clarification of your request. If this is about Purchase Orders, it seems like the structure should as follows and your example file needs to be modified:

Supplier -< Purchase Orders -< PO_Items >- Products

Also, even after clearing that up, your question is still ambiguous. Do you want to create a new PO Item or be able to create a new Product record while adding a PO Item to a Purchase Order?

We still don't know what the Invoice FK field means in the Master table.

This topic is 3267 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.