Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web viewer content copy on iPad

fed

This topic is 3152 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am parsing a webpage to extract information for my database.  It works great on my iMac, but on iPad it doesn't work.  I have included a file with an example.  I would like the "Copy/Paste" solution, as the "GetLayoutObjectAttribute" does not give me the info, just the http that hasn't run yet.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Fed

WebviewerGO.fmp12

I hardly even use Commit Records.  It happens anyway.  I'm not sure in what situations this would be necessary.  I tried it here, as I assume that was a suggestion you were making, and it made no diffirence.

I am sorry I wasn't clear as to what I wanted.

On an iPad using Filemaker GO, I would like to copy the webpage text data, as you see it on the web viewer, and paste it into the field $URL Result.  

Neither work on the iPad.  Did you try it on the iPad, or just try it on a desktop/laptop?  My question has to do with the iPad functionality of the web viewer and associated copy function.

In the case of "GetLayoutObjectAttribute", I get the html code, not the data from the webpage.  In the case of "Copy/Paste", I do not get anything at all.

Again, any help would be great. Thanks.

How can you say that?  The "GetLayoutObjectAttribute" approach yields html, not tabled data.  So one does not work, for sure.

As far as the copy/paste approach, are you sure it works on the iPad?  I get nothing at all. Can you post a screenshot? This is very important to me. 

Thank you. 

Thank you very much. Was this for copy/paste or "getobjectlayoutattribute"?

Strange indeed.  I get nothing for copy/paste, but I do get html for "getobjectlayoutattribute"

Did you upgrade it to FMP14?  I am on FMP13.

I see what is the issue - I was using Filemaker Go 13.  It seems that it works with Filemaker Go 14.  I wonder, if I use Go 14, do I need to use FMP 14?

Thanks for your help.

This topic is 3152 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.