Simple Grouping in Export

This topic is 3134 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a simple database with two Tables: Donors (one) and Donations (many).

I'm trying to export a CSV file that lists all the donations grouped 'By Donor' -- so that in Column A we see the Donor Name, followed by the Date, and then the amount, of each donation -- one donation per line.

But I want to see the donor name just once, on the line of the first donation that person made, so that on successive lines by the same donor, we don't see his name repeated -- just blank lines with only the donation info displayed.

I know this is super simple, and I've done this successfully before just a few days ago, but but somehow I just can't get it to work now.  Seem to have tried every variation of starting in either table, sorting, selecting the 'Group' by' etc. in the export box.  I can get a simple ungrouped export with the name on every line of the 600 or so donations -- but whenever I try grouping, I only get a single donation for each donor (the first one).

What can I be doing wrong?  

I've done this successfully before just a few days ago, but but somehow I just can't get it to work now. 

I guess you have exported from the Donors table and included fields from the Donations table in the field export order. Grouping should not be selected for this.

The catch is that you cannot restrict the donations to export: all related records will be included. If you want more control, export as XML (from the Donations table) and use a custom XSLT stylesheet to transform the result to your desired format.

• Like 1

This topic is 3134 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.