Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scribe insert image returning the file path in word

This topic is 1683 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to get the new feature of inserting an image into word document. I am using the following format below but the result produces the filepath to the image in the container not the image itself

ScribeDocSubstitute("[placeholder]" ; myTable::myContainer )

Result looks like this

remote:7onwjqa8uf.jpgsize:461,64PNGf:Secure/98/C6/B9742F96/C1E5C3E5/2E9E6584/6695

Kevin,

The behavior you are seeing is what we would see when trying this process with Scribe 1 installed. Can you confirm that you have Scribe 2 installed by going to preferences->plugins and highlighting Scribe? Alternatively, you can check the return of the function "ScribeVersion".

Kevin,

I have not been able to reproduce what you are seeing. I would like to set up a screen share with you to resolve the issue. Can you email [email protected] so that you are entered into our support system and just give a summary of the problem and say attn:ryan . From there we can set up a time for a screen share to figure out what is happening.

• 3 years later...
  • Newbies

Firstly Hi Kevin, hope SA is treating you well.

And for anyone else having the same issue, a couple of things that were causing this for me;

Wrong version of scribe

OR

Trying to save the container field as a variable or within a Let() function before putting into the ScribeDocSubstitute function. This isn't how Kevin had written it above so would still be useful for him or Scribe to let us now how this was resolved in the end.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 1683 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.