On window focus - run a script

This topic is 8021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When you say "click on a database window", what exactly do you mean?

If you mean clicking anywhere on the screen, you could create a graphic that takes up the whole screen (like a simple rectangle on the layout) and go to Format:Button to have it run the script.

Hi Steve,

YES!!! You can create a button that will cover the 'whole' screen. Or, I should say the 'whole' window.

- In 'Layout' mode

-- create a 'rectangle' graphic object

-- move the object to the 'upper-left' most corner of your layout

-- drag the 'lower-right' corner of the object to the 'lower-right' corner of the layout

--- make it only as big as your window will appear

-- set your 'fill' & 'line' properties

-- 'Arrange' the object to 'bring to front'

-- 'Format' button to perform a script or goto a layout

---- you may want to set any fields on this layout to 'don't allow entry' so users can't tab into fields

I utilize this type of screen layout to permit users to 'view' a record, but not 'edit' the record. When they click anywhere on the screen, they are given a message to 'click a certain button'. An 'edit' button will be there also. When they click the 'edit' button, my solution will check their privileges and move them to a duplicate layout which will allow them into the fields.

IDEA:

Create a screen layout as a 'Splash Screen' that has only a 'logo' and 'developer info'. When the user clicks the screen, they are taken to a 'log-on' screen, 'main menu' screen, or to another layout. You can also set a 'delay' that will take the users to these other layout without a click.

Have Fun!

Bob

This topic is 8021 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.