Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Go to Portal Row by get Current Date

Matthew R White

This topic is 3082 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In my List Layout, I have quite a few records all sorted by a date field on the left from december - October.

When I enter the layout, I'm trying to have filemaker Go To Portal Row via (Get (currentdate) or Month (get (currentdate) so that when we're in the month of November the portal rows thats selected  are november dates.

Thanks 

Hi Matthew,

Your first paragraph indicates list layout but your second paragraph indicates portal.  Can you clarify if this is list view or whether form view with a portal and you want to go to the portal row instead?  :-)

Or whether it is list view with portals on it?

One additional question ... if there is no match to the current date, do you want instead to go to the first record which matches on the month/year only?

It looks like your breakfields are month and then year.  Is this correct? 

Let me give you an idea and then, depending upon your fields, you should be able to adjust it.  If you create a summary field which is ListOf dates, you can then jump to the desired SAME date using:

Go To Record/request [ by calculation ; 

Let ( 
values = sListOfDates 
;
ValueCount ( Left ( values ; Position ( ¶ & values & ¶ ; ¶ & Get ( CurrentDate ) & ¶ ; 1 ; 1 ) ) ) 
)

Now, depending upon your sort and your breakfields, change the index to match what you have.  If you get stuck, post again with specifics of your breakfields, sort and what to do if no match and I can help you further.

Edited by LaRetta

It needs to summarize your date in that table but it might need to be your breakfields instead.

Here is an example.  

If you still get stuck, we'll need more information about your breakfields and sort order and what to do if no match is found.

list go toREV.fmp12.zip

Edited by LaRetta
  • Like 1

LaRetta, THANK YOU!!! It took me a few days to work in my fields and get this going but it works!!

I do have one last question, currently when entering the layout, it scrolls down to the current date and the current date is at the bottom of the screen. How do I tell filemaker to go to the current date's record, then scroll so that sits at the very top of the filemaker list window?

This topic is 3082 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.