get email into FM

This topic is 3026 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an email folder where I have stored all emails discussing the program being written.  It has my questions and responses from bosses and employees as back and forth emails.  I want to move those emails or link them somehow so that when in FM there is table that developer can review which has the emails.  They can search for words or phrases and find all discussions made by the bosses and staff about it.

I found Developer Tools which shows html like this

<html class="js canvas no-touch websqldatabase indexeddb draganddrop cssanimations csstransforms3d video audio localstorage applicationcache" lang="en"><head><style id="mceDefaultStyles" type="text/css">.mce-content-body div.mce-resizehandle {position: absolute;border: 1px solid

I do not mind handling each email individually but I would rather be able to select a folder and do it with script maybe parsing it somehow?  I do not even know where to begin or how to even search since I do not know what it takes to copy these emails into FM.  Do I need xml?  Can anyone point me to right direction?

Oh and this is in Chrome but I could also bring them up in Safari if it is easier.  Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
On December 21, 2015 at 0:13 PM, Ocean West said:

i would recommend you look at one of the many plugins for this.

I have tried mailit and 360 without success: do they support exchange server?  If so is there some trick to getting them to talk to it?

Edited by Lee Smith
Removed the repeated info from Ocean West’s Reply

The plugin itself does communicate with Exchange server. You need to double check your settings and script steps to make sure you are making the connection first. Also, if you are using the trial, it only works for 2 hours without having to shut down FM completely.

It may also be that the Exchange server itself is blocking you. I ran into that with the company I currently work for.

On 12/21/2015 at 7:13 AM, Ocean West said:

^^^^^ with both?

My settings are the same = to the extent I can configure the settings - as I am Using for outlook.  

In maillit i get a a dialogue "connecting with [server]..." which never completes.

I haven't tested MailIt with an Exchange Server. I have tested the 360Works Email plugin. I was not able to connect because the Exchange Server blocked the request. I am also not able to connect with anything to the corporate Exchange Server other than Outlook itself.

I can connect with mail and airmail. (I dont like the way mail deals with attachments and with airmail as the default filemaker tells me I haventy installed all files)

I've posted in the 360 forum with the error message I get.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Stickybeak

This topic is 3026 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.