Easysync, push failed "table ES_SURVEYS is missing "

This topic is 3014 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good day all. 

Happy new year and I hope you had lovely festive season. 

I receive attached error message from easysync script. I don't have a table called "ES_surveys" table neither in host file or ipad file. 

I do appreciate your time and help. 

Warm regards 

Siroos Jafary 

image.png

ES_Surveys is a table occurrence from the sample files. The script, "Sync With Server" collects all TOs to process using a ESQL query for TOs that have "ES_" prefixes.

6 hours ago, bcooney said:

ES_Surveys is a table occurrence from the sample files. The script, "Sync With Server" collects all TOs to process using a ESQL query for TOs that have "ES_" prefixes.

Thanks for your reply. 

What do you mean by sample files? Do you mean the files included in filemaker go, when you install it on Ipad? 

Regards. 

19 hours ago, bcooney said:

Can you please advise how to solve this issue?

Thanks.

I haven't opened up EasySync in a while, but you need to go through the script and see where it is referencing that table. Either you need to redirect the script step to the correct table, or add something to your schema to get the sync to work.

Just one more thing, this only happens on one of the Ipads we are using several Ipads with no issue. Is that make sense?

Thanks, I am not familiar with  ESQL  and I don't have FM advance. Let me see how I can check the script steps on FM Pro. 

17 hours ago, bcooney said:

siroos12,

I meant the demo files Tim provided for EasySync. Apparently, someone started with that or copied the scripts and didn't remove all the demo TOs.

Right, I checked the sample files and the ES_Survey TO is there in the mobile file. I did go trough the "Sync with server" script on my mobile file and checked the list of ES TOs generated by the script. it only lists my TOs and not the ES_Survey. it syncs now, but it give me the same error every now and then only on one of the Ipads.. 

Do you know what can cause it to pop up the error occasionally on only one of the Ipads?

On 1/6/2016 at 3:36 PM, bcooney said:

rename the ES_Survey TO to x_ES_Survey. See if that helps. What table does it represent in your solution?

(The file on that iPad is an old version?)

I don't understand how the script in my file can read tables from the sample file which does not exist neither on the Ipad or server computer.

When I check the contents of the variable "$sync_tables" from "Sync with server" script, it only shows my "ES_" tables and not the "ES_Surveys" table. But when I run the script, it gives me the error. any thoughts?

The file is attached here:

20151130_We_buy_cars_10_Ipad_V8_1_Scanner.fmp12

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2016 at 5:39 PM, Josh Ormond said:

Unable to access without the User Name and Pass. May want to make it generic or post a separate sample file.

Hi Ormond,

Sorry for very late respond, Attached is the file.

Username: Guest

Password: Guest

I have no table in this file called "ES_Survey" on Ipads, nor on server computer.

On 1/7/2016 at 7:36 PM, bcooney said:

"Right, I checked the sample files and the ES_Survey TO is there in the mobile file."

That is your problem.

bcooney,

The "ES_Survey" TO is the in the sample file of Tim Ditrich. I did not use that file as a base of my file, even I don't have that file on any of the Ipads neither on server computer. So I wonder how the script is looking for that TO. Maybe there is a bug in on of the script steps that I am not aware of. 

I realized that it syncs successfully every now and then, but sometimes it gives me that error and don't sync.

I believe the message comes form the script step from Script called"Push Payload" where it checkes "Return the result to the caller." by checking the "Get ( ScriptResult )". is the result is not "0" then I receive that error. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

20160118_We_buy_cars_10_Ipad_V8_3_Scanner.fmp12

So your error is coming from the script result from the script that runs just before that point. Debug that script to see where the script result is being generated.

This topic is 3014 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.